So this was my ARGH! I just got back off holiday, need a healthy treat, the fridge is empty, day 1 of weight loss boosting meal.
Filet Steak is amazing, it’s our treat, we prefer it to all other steaks and love it nice and pink. The great thing about slimming and filet steak is that there is hardly any visible fat to remove before you start! Unfortunately it’s not super free and it’s not a speed food so the rest of this dish is packed with super free speed foods.
This meal was so easy that it isn’t really worth sharing the recipe so What I am going to do is give a brief outline and then talk you through cooking the perfect filet steak (the slimming world way)
Marks out of 10 from Luke: 10
Super free foods: 6
speed foods: 6
syns on extra easy = 0*
Filet Steak with Mediterranean Vegetables
To roast the veggies, get together everything you want in it (courgette, onion, tomatoes, peppers) dice them into equal sized chunks, place in a oven dish, season and spray with spray light, roast for 30 minutes.
To make the salad again you can use anything you like but check out the slimming world hand book and make sure you pack your salad with speed foods, I added a big pile of beetroot to ours.
cous cous: We used a flavoured packet cous cous (check it is free first) and then followed the packet instructions omitting the oil and butter at the end!
The Perfect Steak
- get your steaks out of the fridge and any packaging and leave on a plate to get to room temperature
- heat a heavy bottomed pan (you want the pan really hot.
- [at the steaks dry with kitchen towel
- season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper
- spray the steaks (not the pan) with spray oil
- place your steak in the pan, it should make a huge sizzle, leave the steak for two minutes do not wiggle it about or turn it over just leave it
- turn the steak over and cook for another two minutes on the other side (same rules apply no touching)
- then turn the steak over every minute until it is cooked to your liking. (hard to give times because it depends on the thickness of the steak and the heat of your pan.)
- wrap the steaks in tin foil and put in a warm (not hot) oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes, honestly this makes all the difference.
I love slimming world who would have thought you could eat all this tasty food and still loose weight?
* Although I make every effort to correctly work out syns values, please be aware that syn values may vary depending where you buy certain items and that being human I do make mistakes. If using my recipes please double check the syn value for yourself, I would hate a mistake to sabotage anyone’s weight loss.