This week to boost my weight loss I have made a batch of speed soup, i.e. soup full of super free and speed foods. It has been a great filler at lunch time and really tasty. To see my full weeks recipes of weight loss boosting check out this post.
Luke’s marks out of 10 = 7
super free foods = 4
speed foods = 5
syns on extra easy = 0*
Super Speedy Spicy Butternut Squash and Lentil Soup
Ingredients for 8 servings
I butternut squash diced
3 carrots sliced
3 sticks of celery sliced
2 large onions sliced
1 can of green lentils
garam masala, ground cumin, chili flakes, salt and pepper
1 1/2 pints of stock (chicken or veg)
- fry the onion in fry light
- add the stock and bring to the boil
- add the carrots, celery and butternut squash
- add the spices to your taste (remember you can always add more but can’t take away)
- simmer for 30 minutes
- blend the soup and heat for another five minutes.
- add the lentils and warm through
- serve topped with basil and chili flakes
* Although I make every effort to correctly work out syns values, please be aware that syn values may vary depending where you buy certain items and that being human I do make mistakes. If using my recipes please double check the syn value for yourself, I would hate a mistake to sabotage anyone’s weight loss.