It’s got to that time of year when I’m thinking about putting the winter duvet on the bed, being tempted to put on the central heating and digging out my jumpers. There’s something about this time of year that makes me crave comfort food and our slow cooker has been providing plenty of healthy comfort meals for us but it was time for a pudding. We have been waiting to enjoy this pudding all week but we both kept forgetting that it would take up our healthy A option (our recommended calcium) but yesterday we finally got to indulge.
Marks out of ten from Luke = 9
super free foods = 0
speed foods = 0
syns on extra easy= 0*+ healthy A option
Skinny Rice Pudding, Slimming World Style.
Ingredients (serves 2)
– 50grams of short grain (pudding) rice
– 2x healthy A= 500ml of semi skimmed milk topped up with 100ml of water
– granulated low call sweetener
– whole nutmeg
-bring to the boil the milk, water and rice.
-remove from the heat
– sweeten to your taste (3 tabelspoons made it perfect for Luke and a bit to sweet for me)
– pour into an oven proof dish and bake at 180 for 1 hour
– grate nutmeg over the top and serve
Remember that healthy extras need to be measured so don’t be tempted to eat more than your share!
Why not make some stewed fruit for your b option and serve on top and remember a little nutmeg goes a long way.
* Although I make every effort to correctly work out syns values, please be aware that syn values may vary depending where you buy certain items and that being human I do make mistakes. If using my recipes please double check the syn value for yourself, I would hate a mistake to sabotage anyone’s weight loss.