These fish cakes are a brilliant quick dinner that I’m convinced most people would be able to make right now without a trip to the shops. All you need is a tin of fish (I used tuna) or left over cooked fish, onions or spring onions, seasoning and potatoes ( i used a mix of sweet and white potatoes).
MARKS OUT OF TEN FROM LUKE = 7
SUPER FREE FOODS = 0
SPEED FOODS = 0
SYNS ON EXTRA EASY= 0*
Store Cupboard Fish Cakes.
– 200grams of fish, tinned or left over cooked fish
– half an onion chopped fine
– 3 large potatoes (sweet or white)
– Smash to coat
-boil the potatoes and then mash
– fry the onion and add the fish (if it is a piece of left over fish flake it in)
– mix in the mash and season. (you could just use salt and pepper of add some tabasco for heat)
– dived the mixture and make into burger shapes
– coat the fish cakes in smash flakes
– fry the cakes to brown on both sides (use fry light not oil)
– serve with a big salad or bowlful of veg.
* Although I make every effort to correctly work out syns values, please be aware that syn values may vary depending where you buy certain items and that being human I do make mistakes. If using my recipes please double check the syn value for yourself, I would hate a mistake to sabotage anyone’s weight loss.