This jalfrezi is very spicy, has lots of taste but isn’t that hot. It’s got a traditional taste but lots of extra veg thrown in to boost up the amount of super free ingredients. I suggest making it and playing with it until you get the spice blend as you want it.
MARKS OUT OF TEN FROM LUKE = 8
SUPER FREE FOODS = 5
SPEED FOODS = 6
SYNS ON EXTRA EASY= 0*
Skinny Chicken Jalfrezi
– chicken breast (skin and visible fat removed)
– tin tomatoes
– veg: broccoli, green peppers, cauliflower.
– 2 cloves garlic chopped
– 3 tsp ground turmeric
– 1teaspoon red chilli powder
– 1teaspoon salt
– 3tsp ground cumin
– 3 tsp ground coriander
– 2 tblsp grated fresh ginger
– 30 gms fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes over high flame heat. (Use fry light not oil)
Mix in the chicken, green peppers, turmeric, chili powder and salt. Fry gently for 5-10 minutes or until golden
Turn the chicken frequently.
add the tomatoes, cover and cook over medium heat up for 20 minutes. Uncover, add the rest oft the veg and simmer for 10 minutes to let all the excess liquid evaporate and the sauce thicken.
Mix in the cumin, ground coriander, ginger and fresh coriander and simmer for 5-7 minutes
* Although I make every effort to correctly work out syns values, please be aware that syn values may vary depending where you buy certain items and that being human I do make mistakes. If using my recipes please double check the syn value for yourself, I would hate a mistake to sabotage anyone’s weight loss.